Loan Do's & Don'ts
- Tell the loan officer everything; disclose all potential problems with regard to credit, employment, and source of funds.
- Disclose all income and debts.
- Disclose all sources of funds.
- Ask questions.
- Bring a cashier's check to the closing. Personal checks are not usually accepted.
- Disclose alimony and child support.
- Incur additional debt while loan is in progress.
- Apply for new credit during the application process.
- Change employment while loan is in process.
- Transfer funds between depositories without keeping detailed records.
- Make any large purchases during the loan process.
- Procrastinate providing information when requested.
Add a Note to Your Organizer